Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Past and Present

This time of year everyone is so busy with friends and family. It's such a happy time for me and my family - I hope all of you enjoy it in your own way just as much.


This  year we will have a new baby girl
(to clarify -  my great-niece) :) 
to enjoy on Christmas Day. 
Miss Taylor is now 8 1/2 months old 
and just a cutie. How fun to be able to 
watch her enjoy her first Christmas.   

On a different note, Mark's brother and his family moved to Colorado at the beginning of this month ( I am PEA GREEN WITH ENVY!) This is our first year without them and I will truly be going through WITHDRAWLS without my favorite Sister-in-Law by my side. Christie and I have deemed each other Sisters of the Heart, because we have such fun together. Each being married to "one of the brothers" our marital experiences are often very similar which makes us just crack up! Every time I think about them and the little boys not being here - I start to cry.
SO DON'T GET ME STARTED! <:(

Here is our annual picture of all the grandsons taken  on the stairs at my in-laws house. This was taken this past Thanksgiving - one week before the little ones headed off to their new life in Colorado. Evan is 9 and Zack is 5 and I miss them so much.
Our nephew Christopher is top middle. 
He is Mark's sister's son.

You might remember these shots 
from last Christmas. 


We bought them a dirt bike 
(but said it was from Santa)
and let me tell ya, 
they have loved it over this past year. 
Chris says there is LOTS of places 
to take them riding in Colorado.

Here is me, my MIL and Christie.
I could not have hand picked a more perfect SIL. 
I just love her to pieces. 

But I feel like didn't take the time to truly appreciate the boys when they were here, and now I am really regretting it. I wish I had gone to every single one of their little league games and Church plays. 
But ... who knew.

But now I have every reason in the world to go to Colorado - Ohhhhh ... I'd say at least 6 times a year! Do you think that is reasonable? LOL! :)


I ran out to get the mail when there was a lull in the storm this afternoon and here is what I saw! 
Haven't seem blue sky in nearly a week. 
We are pretty sogged out but the brunt of the storm hit south and east of us. (I was really hoping for a good thunderstorm but ....not to be.)
But the blue sky was nice.
I did not make it back to the front door and it was pouring again.

Have a great evening. 
I should be posting once more before Christmas.

[signature-1.gif]

21 comments:

Annie Joy said...

Your family is beautiful and your new granddaughter is so sweet! I understand your feelings about the move to Colorado. My daughter and her family are with us here in Oklahoma for the first time in nine Christmases! I am so happy to have them here -- three little granddaughters that I miss each year! Unfortunately, their time away from my son-in-law's work only allowed for the visit here, so Adam's mom in Colorado won't get to see them. I guess missing your loved ones makes it even sweeter when you are able to reunite, doesn't it? Happy Holidays, Annie

Theresa said...

What a good-looking bunch of fellas! I know you miss your Colorado family but 'ya know you can go there whenever you want:) six times a year sounds right to me! Hope your Christmas with Little Miss Taylor will be SO much fun! That is a sweet age, they are all smiles at Christmas! I can't believe it is almost here! Love you bunches! BIG HUGS!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

What sweet boys with that dirt bike. Boy, that is a memory they won't forget!

Our Back Porch said...

I know it is so hard when you don't have those that you love {and are use to having with you during the holidays} aren't there. My sister and b-i-l won't be in this year or my youngest niece and her new husband. Thinking of you, my friend!

Merry Hugs,
Rebecca

Our Back Porch said...

And baby Taylor is precious!!! Have fun!!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Karen dear,
What a great looking group of guys there!
And that baby girl is such a cutie!
I think 6 times a year sounds about right for you my dear!
I have a friend who is in Crest Butte right now. She and her hubby have a second home there. She posted pics on facebook and they have gotten 4 feet of snow! I thought we had a lot, just amazing!
Stay dry and warm and Merry Christmas to a wonderful friend!
Hugs,
Cindy

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

Awww, lil' Miss Taylor is just too adorable! What magical fun she will have this Christmas! I can so understand missing the loved ones that can't be with us this Christmas :\

Merry Christmas and many blessings to you and your wonderful family!

Hugs'
Catlyn

ShirleyC said...

There is nothing like first Christmas with a sweet new grandbaby. Sorry about your other family moving. I've always wanted to spend Christmas where there was snow. Maybe you will get to do that one of those visits.

Connie said...

There are some women who are just "sisters of the heart" and I have one in my life, sweetpea. I don't know what I'd do without her. Merry Christmas, chickee...
xoxo,
Connie

Heather said...

I hope you have a good Christmas with the little Miss Taylor! What a cutie! I am spending the holidays with my best friend and her family so it will be new for me.

Debby said...

Have fun with Sweet Taylor, what a cutie.
My daughter and my son live in Colorado with their families.....and my 4 grandchildren, ages 4, 4, 2, 1. We live in Ohio. I hate it. I do visit as much as I can, but flying isn't cheap or alot of fun.
My daughter and her family have been at Disneyland all week, in that rain.....I hope tomorrow they have one good day.
Where did they move in Coloraod. It is a beautiful state.
Have a Merry Christmas.

June said...

Now that is a pack of handsome young men there!!! I think you should definitely frequent Colorado more often Karen. it is so hard to be far from the ones we love.
Your Justin is lucky to have you for his mama. I hope his birthday was awesome.
Oh you are going to have so much fun with your new little grandbaby this year.
Wishing you and your family the best Christmas ever!!!
big long Christmas hugs...

Charlene said...

I know you will miss them since they moved. And your SIL is adorable as well as the boys. But, like you said you can always visit. Enjoy your holidays anyway. Merry Christmas!
Charlene

Mimi said...

HI KAREN!!!
I am SAD for you, a SIL who is so wonderful like yours is hard to find, most SIL 's do not get along so well, I won't even get started on my SIL issue, to long and not worth the trouble, it is best if we say nothing, my motto if you can't say something nice say nothing, so I do not!!!
But you are very lucky and I say GO visit as often as you can stay close to the boys forever!!!
That little girl is adorable and what fun she shall make this christmas!!!
Rain arrived here and I love it!!!
Merry Christmas
hugs 2 U,
jamie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Merry Merry Christmas! May your stocking be filled with blessings!
It looks like you have already been blessed with much!
Hugs, Carrie

porter place cottage said...

Karen,

The boys are all handsome! And your little grandbaby...boy will she start breakin some hearts soon! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, even though you will be missing your SIL and her family like crazy! What part of Colorado did they move too?
I'm here in Colorado, so when you come to visit, I'd love to be able to meet you...6 times a year, never to much to visit here!

CHERI said...

You've got some rather handsome guys in your family...and that little Taylor is beyond precious. I know you will miss your SIL so much...a very dear friend and neighbor of 28 years recently moved to KS and I have missed her dreadfully. Thankfully it's easy to keep up with each other through the internet. Sure hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and the most blessed New Year ever.

Maija said...

Merry Christmas dear Karen!!!

~CC Catherine said...

Merry Christmas Sweet Karen! I'm in Phila PA for our sons graduation and am catching up on visiting my blog friends. Sounds like you are going to have a rich and full day on Christmas. How precious your little niece is. Hugs...~CC Catherine

Monique Elisabeth said...

What a great family and such a cute little girl !!
Have a Merry Christmas.
Hugs from The Netherlands

Connie said...

Oh Karen...I know the feeling of missing someone who has moved to Colorado. However as you and I know it's a great place to visit and you always wanted to live there so now you get the best of both worlds...a reason to go visit more often and maybe a move to Colorado????? because family is already there???

We are headed to Colorado on the 7th to celebrate Bella's 5th birthday. We can't wait!

Happy New Year! Love ya Friend!! Connie