Saturday, January 22, 2011

DONE & BROKEN!

It is a BEAUTIFUL Saturday morning here in So Cal. For two reasons -


1) Yup - Justin broke his left leg. 
His fibula - right above his ankle.
The good news is - NO SURGERY! 
(That's why this is a GREAT DAY!)
Can you see it?
(Gives me the heebie-jeebies!) 
He has it in a boot cast 
which is WONDERFUL because 
he can shower. But he 
needs crutches whenever he 
is up and about. Not easy to 
do on the stairs. But - 
we're working it out.
It could've been MUCH worse,
so I am very grateful.

2) Yup - I FINISHED THE LINEN CLOSET! 
I finished it up last night 
and this morning. 
I am one very happy woman!
OK, so here comes one of 
my more embarrassing moments 
(the dogs are rolling their eyes...)
Before...
(Holy cow I can't believe
I'm showing y'all this.
Good thing we are all friends!)
 You could walk into it 
and turn in a circle.
No floor space.
 Forget getting a step stool 
in here to reach something 
that is up high...
 I deny doing this to the sheets.
It's called a guy looking for a sheet! 
He makes a mess every time.
These used to be labeled....
wonder where they went?
 Just a mess! Everywhere you turned!
In my own defense - 
it didn't look like this until 
BOTH boys moved back home. 
I had my linens all hanging up, 
nice and organized in their closets. 
Then BOOM! 
Move it all out and put it where?
Everything just got stuffed in here.
I now have one closet back - 
so the runners and tablecloths 
are hanging once again.

Here it is now! :)
 Everything is labeled
 Easy to reach with or 
without a step stool.
 Love my IKEA boxes.
 I am going to go back and 
get a few more magazine boxes.
 Sheets and placemats.
 Napkins, bags and boxes
All I have to do is roll 
the vacuum cleaner back in.
Sigh. I love it. 

After a CRAZY week dealing with Doctors (and his incompetent staff!) and insurance companies ... today I wake up with a big sigh of relief that it is all behind me. Now his healing begins. That's just time. 

And I have one less big project on my "to-do" list.
YAY!

Thanks for allowing me to humble myself to share my big secret with all of you. It feels so good to know that most of you will probably understand!

OK - so anybody else got a big secret in their house? (hehehe)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 
[signature-1.gif]

25 comments:

Our Back Porch said...

Awww, so sorry about Justin. Glad NO surgery is involved!!! OMG You did a FAB job...now come organize mine! lol Have a lovely weekend, my sweet friend!

Hugs,
Rebecca

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Karen,
Looks like Justin really broke that baby! How did he do that?
Glad there's no surgery involved!
Your closet looks amazing! And the before was not really that bad either.
I wouldn't let anyone take pics in my house right now. It's littered with baby stuff and looking kind of like a day care center.
But little Addison is worth it!
All we've been doing is trying to stay warm, babysitting and hoping the packers win tomorrow!
Missin ya!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Dixie Mom said...

Oh, that x-ray gave me the willies! I have a hard time looking at stuff like that. I'm glad that it isn't more serious, but I'm sure it still hurts like heck.
Your linen closet is ginormous!! So cool! And you did a great job organizing it!

Annie Joy said...

Karen, your linen closet looks beautiful; you are blessed to have a nice large closet! So sorry about Justin's injury and hope everything heals quickly. Annie

Heather said...

glad Justine doesn't need any surgery. My closets resemble how yours used to look. Maybe we need to have you come and show me how???? JK!!! he he he. I do hope you are having a wonderful day!

Shelia said...

Hi Karen! I'm sorry your son broke his leg but rejoice with y'all that he doesn't have to have surgery! Hope he heals quickly.
Now that linen closet looks so good! You really must have worked so hard. Love all you've organized everything. It's not hard to get our stuff all messed up! I know you're loving this.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Theresa said...

Bless his little heart, I know you will take good care of him! Bad break:(

Most everyone has areas like your before picture! My Antique room is more of a "stuff" room right now! I have been working in there and will have it all straight soon! Still have tubs to go up in the attic! I am ready for everything to be clean!

Enjoy your weekend my friend! Hope you are enjoying this lovely Saturday! Love you!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm sorry about Justin...that break looks awful. I hope it heals well. You did a great job on your linen closet...which looks to me like more than a linen closet! Isn't it a good feeling?! I need to tackle mine now!

XO,
Jane

Penny said...

Hey Karen,
So sorry to hear about Justin's broken bone. Boys are always so rough& tumble it's no wonder they break a few bones. (I have a grown son also.) Great to hear that his treatment will not require surgery.
With an air cast he will have to be a bit more diligent not to hit it again., than he would have had to with the old plaster casts.
Praying for a good healing.

hugs,
Penny

Elyse said...

karen,

you make me want to go to ikea and get better organized. my girlie office closet is on the brink of avalanche! LOL nicely done!

yikes. glad no surgery is needed. how is your foot, by the way?

happy weekend ~

xo
elyse

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

You did a good job on that closet Karen. So sorry about Justin but PTL, no surgery! Have a great weekend.

Jo said...

Great job on the closet! I need to organize mine desperately....great on no surgery!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Glad all worked out with Justin. I just cleaned my fabric closet....It is sooo fabulous, I wish I had done it along time ago! Your closet looks wonderful, and oh so organized!

Carol

June said...

Karen you wouldn't believe all the secrets I have. lol! I'm not nearly as brave as you though. Your closet looks amazing!
Justin has one very BIG ouchy there! Sending him healing vibes.
and sending you hugs...

Anne Fannie said...

Ok Karen, you just gave me inspiration to attack one of my closets! You did a great job.
As for poor Justin, :( Glad no surgery. Poor guy, life will be miserable for a few weeks.
Hugs, Ann

Mimi said...

CLOSETS for sure!!!
Now that I am getting more and more stuff!!!!
I love those storage boxes!!!
OH MY...OH MY....
broken bones, and that is a bad break, good news for all of you, no surgery, he is going to have a hard time with stairs, he is strong and young, when I broke my ankle and we were renting an apt at the time, waiting for this house to be finished, I was stuck, as you kind of have to be strong and jump, so I styed in most of the first 4 weeks!!!
yuck, is right
good luck with your speedy recovery!!
Hugs to you,
jamie

Lululiz said...

OUCH OUCH OUCH! Poor Justin. That Xray made my tummy go all funny.
Now that is one heck of an organised linen closet, you did a brilliant job. Feels good, doesn't it?

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my, a broken leg!!!! How in the world did that happen. So glad it didn't require surgery. Hope the healing is fast. Love the linen closet. Now just imagine about 1/4 of that space and call it mine. lol Almost impossible to try and organize. Yours looks unreal for sure. Wish you were back here yesterday, we had so much fun, miss you and Cindy too. Can't wait until you come back. Love ya. Hugs, Marty

CHERI said...

Your "before" closet didn't look nearly as bad as I thought it was going to! I've seen worse (at my house). Looks good now though. So sorry about Justin's leg. Hope it heals well and gives him no pain.

Glacier Dreaming said...

Doesn't it feel great to be organized?! Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Karen, I'm sorry about Justin but glad it is not any worse.

Your closet looks divine. Isn't it such a wonderful feeling?! I love being organized.

Happy Monday, sweet girl!

Hugs, Barb

Lovey said...

SO SORRY ABOUT JUSTIN! HAPPY TO HEAR NO SURGERY. YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB WITH THE LINEN CLOSET...ONE DAY I'LL BE BOLD AND SHOW YOU MINE...SMILES AND OH HAPPY MONDAY!

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi, dear Karen, Hopefully Justin's leg will get well soon! Good thing that he didn't need surgery!
I wish we would have such a built-in storage room. You did a great job organizing yours!
HUGS,
Julia

Connie said...

Hey girl...sorry to hear about Justin. Did he do it riding at Glamis?? Dustin broke his too and they didn't cast it but he had to stay off of it for 6 weeks. They were the longest 6 weeks in his life. Hope he heals well and fast. Good closet redo. I've been doing a bit of cleaning myself. Looks like you had a fun time in AZ.

Love ya, Connie

India Pictures said...

Really it is very useful post and I like to read these type of posts and thanks for sharing such type of posts please keep it sharing.