Monday, January 17, 2011

FUN Trip!

Hello Everyone! I'm back. 
What a great trip. Five fun filled days 
- and TONS of driving! 
I'm ready for a vacation! :)
I left Wed morning and arrived 
that afternoon at CeeKay's house. 
Lots of hugs, and lots of trying 
to get her little Bentley to accept me. 
He did eventually - but each morning 
I had to reintroduce myself. 
He is too flippin' cute.

(Now I apologize, I didn't have my camera so I stole these pictures from Cindy, CeeKay and Marty!)

Thursday morning we were up early and drove to a little town about 10 miles away and picked up Cindy at her son's house. We only got lost a couple of times! Then we headed up to the northern part of Phoenix to meet Marty and do some SHOPPING!  
 Carolyn was downstairs 
and we were upstairs. 
We heard this 
"YOO HOO! SMILE!"
(Great shot Carolyn!) 
Then onward we pressed to meet some 
of the AZ bloggers for lunch.
Jamie, CeeKay, me, Cindy, 
Marty, Liz, Laura and 
Laura's daughter who is dubbed 
"the Fashionista".
Lunch was way fun - I like the smaller groups because you really get to talk to EVERYONE and I like that! There were 8 of us for lunch and we had a great time visiting and catching up!

The next day Carolyn and I 
began our 
It was WAY fun!
Carolyn sat right across from me 
and was intimidated at first 
but she caught on!
 We made fun 4 1/2" by 6" "houses"
and then "tied" them together. 
We got to personalize them 
any way we wanted.  
Then soldered it all! Way cool!
For this project I choose my parents. 
One side - my Dad. 
Other side - their dating years.
I don't have many pictures of my Dad.
He died when I was 8
and I thought this would be a great
way to honor his memory.

 the back
This is it's new home!
I LOVE it.
The next day we made a 
sterling silver bracelet.
We created each link and 
put it all together.
We learned to stamp 
letters on silver...and
then learned how to "wrap".
That is a mother-of-pearl bead
that I wrapped.
My bracelet is called "imagine"
We even got to 
use one of THESE! SCAREY!
(middle of the picture - a TORCH)
VERY FUN! Easy peasey!
Here are some of the girls
hard at work.
Yes that is my friend Joy-
the blond on the end.
She flew over to take this class. 
She stayed at Marianne's, 
who is sitting next to her.
We met Marianne and her SIL Barb
at Terri's  Art Camp we 
attended up in Oregon!
 It was a fun time.

Attending these types of classes is so fun. 
You get to catch up with people 
you haven't seen in a while.
And make brand new friends.
I made three new friends this weekend -
Monique, Gwenn and Charlene. 
Very fun!
I hope I see them again someday.

Isn't blogging the best? 

Good thing I love my car - 805 miles later...

:) Hugs! 
[signature-1.gif]

26 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with great friends AND made some beautiful treasures! I LOVE the house filled with memories of your Parents, too sweet!

Beautiful bracelet! Good job my friend! I sure missed you while you were gone! That is WAY too many miles for you to drive MISSY!

Have a great time at home with your HONEY! Love you bunches! HUGS!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh it was so good to see you and Cindy and I had the best day. I can't wait until you come back again. We always have so much fun. Hugs, Marty

Sall's Country Life said...

Looks like a great time, girls! Those little houses are sweet! Reminds me of Girl Scout Camp for grown ups!! Way worth the trip I bet!

sissie said...

You girls had so much fun and I'm jealous that I couldn't be there.

I love your projects too. The little house is precious and so is the bracelet.

hugs
Sissie

Cutie's Cottage said...

Looks like you and all the other girls had a great time...might have to try a class like that myself..

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Karen,
Now when are you coming to my house? Honestly, I really want you to come! It was so much fun and I so wish I could have gotten back over to visit with you and Ceekay at her house!
Now those little houses are about the most beautiful little creations ever! That just really tugged at my heart, I did not know your Dad passed when you were so young.
And your bracelet is a work of art!
And that memory box, how cool is that!
You are a talented artist my dear!
Now, start planning your trip to Wisconsin!
I will be giving you a call soon, I am just trying to get caught up on my Addison kisses! hehe.
Hugs Friend,
Cindy

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Oh my gosh Karen that
looks like such a fun
time !!
Your soldering is
amazing !
What an awesome class!!!

xoxo
Lori

Heather said...

I love the house and the bracelet. You did great work! I am glad you had a good time.

Charlene said...

I wondered what you were up to! I guess you got to see Maija too! LUCKY YOU! I keep saying I'm going to go out to Phoniex to see her & Karen Valentine. A Terry Brush class would have been a great excuse. So cool that you got to have lunch with all those other girls too. BLOGLAND IS THE BEST! Can't wait to see you in March! HUGS!
Charlene

Charlene said...

Oh, PS I forgot to tell you in the last comment... I LOVE YOUR HOUSE made in class. Soooooooooooooo cool that you did that little memory house for your Dad. And as for the dog having to get used to you everyday... that won't happen at our house. Our new baby thinks everyone is her BEST FRIEND! HUGS!
Charlene

stefanie said...

how much fun is that!!!! I love your houses...super gorgoues

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You made some great things! The memory house is a great keepsake!
How fun for you!
Deb

Elyse said...

wow, karen -- how fun!!! and i love what you made at class. you always looks so adorable!

xo
elyse

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Karen:
What a wonderful way to spend your days! Friends and creating beautiful things. I'm greeeeen with envy, sister!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I hope you have a great week.
xoxo
Donna

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I WANT to go to class!!!!I LOVE what you made, I want to go so bad!!!Are they always in Phx somewhere???I live here in the area, I can go!!!When will you be back to do it again????
Gotta do this!!!
loved it
hugs,
jamie

Kim said...

How fun that you were all able to get together like this. I hope to meet some of my fellow local bloggers this summer once our nasty Minnesota winter weather approves and when we can make arrangements to get together. It will be awesome to me these ladies who I have come to know through blogging.

Have a great week!!

Theresa said...

805 miles! Wow! Looks like a wonderful time and your projects are beautimous!!!

Lululiz said...

What a fabulous class to attend, and you came away with such a great creation. It looks really good. Dang, I wish we had classes like that over here, where we could meet fellow bloggers, have fun, make beautiful things.

Liz said...

Hey Karen! Lunch was AWESOME! I'm so glad that I was able to go and spend some time with you girls. What a blast. I ended up over at Not to Shabby Friday after work. Don't you just love it!? Wish I could have done the Classes too. That looks like a blast!! Your little houses and bracelet are perfect!

~Liz

June said...

Karen it sounds (and looks) like you had such a great time.
Oh I have wanted to learn to solder for so long.
I love your beautiful tribute to your parents. That is really lovely.
When I saw the bracelets on Ceekay's blog ~sigh~
I'm glad you made it home safe and sound with great memories of your trip.
hugs

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Isn't Terri wonderful? You frame turned out beautifully. So jealous that I was in CA working and had to miss this wonderful class.

It was so good to see you. Thanks for the fun.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Looks like you had a fab time! How cool to have taken that class! Very interesting...Your project came out really nice. A beautiful memento honoring your parents! Great fun meeting with some of the AZ bloggers!! Enjoyed all the photos! Hugs!

Jan said...

Oh! This looks like so much fun!

CHERI said...

Should anybody really allowed to have THAT much fun? Surely it's sinful:) Glad you had such a great time. Love, love the soldering projects.

Sandra Z said...

Great trip and, as I see, a lot of fun. Those memories with old family photos are gorgeous. Best regards, Sandra Z.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Karen, It looks like you had a great time with wonderful friends and a fantastic and inspiring class. Your house project turned out beautiful and I'm happy to see that you used the lace hearts :-).
Big HUGS,
Julia