Friday, January 7, 2011

Time is flying by!

WOW! It is already one week into the New Year! 
MY GOSH! Where did the time go?

Here was our spot at the Motorcoach park 
we stayed at in Indio for New Years. 
It was so nice!
We had such a nice time.
Took some time this morning to 
take a few photos of the living room. 
It was strange, we had guests last night 
and I turned on one of the 
lamps in there and left it on after they left. 
And it looked so pretty! 
Funny how something so simple 
makes the room look so different. 
I had moved the desk from one corner 
looking in to the other corner looking out
when I put the Christmas tree up.
I like it. So I left it that way.
That's my Mom's old typewriter 
from the 1930's.
She would hate that I told you that :) 
And that is my OLD journal I 
discovered in South Dakota.
We haven't seen the sun much 
lately and I liked the
way it looked shining through 
the front doors.
Now I am getting ready to head over to Arizona to stay with CeeKay from Thinkin' of Home for several days.


We are going to be attending a Terri Brush soldering class for 2 days together! YAY! Terri is just SUCH a sweetheart - I just loved her instantly at the event of hers I attended with Joy back in Sept/Oct in Oregon. 

CeeKay and I just got off the phone after almost THREE HOURS talking. So blame her for why it took me so long to get this post up today! :) (sorry my friend!) hehehe. I mean, we are going to see each other next week for crying out loud ... but there is just so much to talk about, and with my longer work hours we haven't been able to talk as often. She is too flippin' cute and I am so excited to get to see her and Marty and Cindy next week. YAY!


That's it for now. I need to start packing! But first - a trip out to Tai Pan with my sister, who is then going to spend the night here (our husbands are out of town together) so we'll have a great "girls" night - just the two of us, the dogs and a great bottle of wine. YAY!


Turn on a different lamp tonight - you just might like what you see! 


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Hugs! 
[signature-1.gif]

21 comments:

Devonay@LumpkinAndMe said...

I am so envious!!! I want to be in that class! Have fun... can't wait to see what you've learned!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your living room, it is so pretty and that journal is fabulous. I can't believe that CK didn't steal it this summer when we were there. I am so excited about you getting here next week. We are going to have so much fun. Love ya, and see you soon. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

The shots of your home are beautiful, Karen! Light has a way of changing everything, making it more pretty.

I bet you are so looking forward to Arizona...I know Cindy is. You are all going to have a blast!!! I wish I were going!

Have a great time tonight, sounds like fun!

XO,
Jane

Parsley said...

Lovely photos.

Theresa said...

Love the desk, your Precious Mama's typewriter and the journal! I hope you and your Sister have a wonderful evening and a fun sleepover:) Love you bunches, HUGS!

Shelia said...

Hi Karen! Oh, you're on a girly trip for sure. Sounds like so much fun. Tell all those gals hello.
Your home is so beautiful and your desk looks wonderful in the corner. How special to have your mom's little type writer - it's a cutie.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Kathleen said...

You have fun with those fine ladies. Tell them hi from me! I haven't had a visit from Ceekay in awhile but I pray for her health every day. Cindy is coveting the skates I used in my last post. LOL
Marty will carry her new fancy purse, I bet! :)
Have a great time, and Happy 2011!

Amy P said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I would love to learn to solder, have a great time :)

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I love the desk there!! your room looks gorgeous. I always enjoy my rooms after all the Christmas is put away. See you soon!

Ginger said...

Karen your home looks like a model home, only much more warm and friendly. Just beautiful.
Is Mark at the CES convention here in town?
I hope you have a great time in Arizona.

CHERI said...

Lovely pics. Have a fun and safe trip. You always seem to find great adventures to embark on.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Well there you are!!!
I was just getting ready to go a lookin for you!
Your living room look's just gorgeous Karen! I really do love that desk, and that typewriter is so special!
OK, I am getting really excited about going!
My plane leaves Tuesday early evening from MSP and I will be raring to go when you get into town!
Can't Wait!
I will e-mail you too!
Hugs,
Cindy

Snappy Di said...

My mother had a similar typewriter and could type 90 words per minute. Pretty amazing! Love the typewriter photo.

Di

Marydon said...

Lovely photos & views of your home. When you get to Phoenix, give Marty & Ceekay a big hug for me. So enjoyed meeting them ... enjoy your trip.

~ Pop over for our GIVEAWAY if you haven't ~
Have a beautiful PINK weekend, sweetie.
Hugs, Marydon

Maria said...

I love the room and the lamps, just lovely! I have some favorite lamps packed away and you have inspired me to go and unpack them and get them out. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Joyce said...

Enjoy your trip and all your crafting...happy new year!

CINNIBONBON said...

Happy New Year, I hope you and your family have a blessed season!!!

India Yellow Pages said...

very well written and all that link love you just poured out, great post, if this was a forum you would have a sticky on this.

A Gracious Home said...

You are very artistic. I don't think I could do that. Doylene

Sexy said...

Nicely explained. It's indeed an art to stop new visitors with your attractive writing style. Truly impressive and nice information. Thanks for sharing.

India News said...

Very nice and impressive article you have posted. Its very helpful, i have read and bookmark this site and will recommend it to more other peoples.