Monday, March 7, 2011

Just a little behind...

I have to laugh. I was waiting for the coffee to brew this morning. This corner of my kitchen is command central on Monday mornings. Monday is my day off - my day to get stuff done. The first thing I usually do (besides playing Words With Friends on my iPad- THERESA!) is plan the week's menus. I've already been thinking about them...and have an idea. So the cookbooks and recipe cards get stacked up in the cookbook stand and I make my grocery lists. 
I happened to glance up at the calendar...
Whoops!
Now I am a really organized person.
I like things in their place. Occasionally things get out of hand - like my junk drawer in the kitchen.
But doesn't everyone have a drawer like this? 
I mean...you NEED this stuff. :)
But for the most part it is all good.
My everyday dishes cupboard. 
Yeah I know - I like dishes.
You should see the rest...(ahem!)
I know - that one shelf is kind of empty.
Those dishes are out on the table for spring.
(hehehe) Did anybody else see it?)
See that red heart box?
I FORGOT ABOUT IT!
That was the whole purpose but I didn't think I'd actually really forget about it!
It's my Valentine Candy from hubby. :)
I only like one piece out of the entire box of See's candy. (I know... I know!) So he gets me a whole pound of the one piece. When I opened it this year I kept thinking "Karen, you can barely get into your jeans as is...you are going to Round Top soon and you are going to be just MISERABLE! you better NOT do this." 
Cause I could've! 
I could've eaten the entire box in like 3 days. 
So I hid it. Hehehe. GOOD JOB KAREN!
'Cept now I've found it again ....hmmmm.

I forgot to show you the cute little not-so-vintage spice rack I got last weekend in AZ. LOVE IT! Doesn't it look old? NOT! Brand spanking new!
OH! And while waiting for the coffe to brew on Monday March 7th, I changed the calendar too!
It's raining here - 
and we got an inch last night! YAY!

Have a good day all.
Hugs!
[signature-1.gif]

26 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love you and miss you. I had such fun seeing you when you were here. Sure wish you lived closer. I am in Oregon helping with my grandson. Hope you have a super day. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

You are too funny, Karen. I never would have forgotten where that box of candy was!

Have a happy week!

XO,
Jane

Heather said...

that is really impressive, only eating 1 piece of candy. Can't say that I could do that, not sure, never tried! I love the calendar, it is really pretty. I hope you are having a good day!

Lovey said...

Funny!!!

Theresa said...

Oh Girl, even your junk drawer looks organized:) I am happy that WE play Scrabble together almost every day and some days ALL day:) But to forget what Month it is, don't you go blaming me for that! AND that candy, well if you eat it all in one day... then it isn't as bad as spreading it out over a week! Yep, I am SO smart to know that! Of course, you may not want to listen to me, since I am having trouble getting my own pants buttoned, hehe!

Love you to pieces! ME

Christine said...

Mondays are my days off as well...love my Mondays! You like the same candy in the Sees box as i do....lol

bikim said...

lovely blog!!!!!
Happy week,
Rosa

Keetha Broyles said...

It is not OFTEN that I forget about chocolate - - - but on those RARE occasions that I do, when I FIND it I feel like I've been given a GREAT BIG SURPRISE GIFT!

Enjoy yours.

debi said...

Well, now that you're all organized again, I hope you're enjoying your day off! Have a great one!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Yeah...glad you joined us in March! Love that little spice rack. It fits in perfectly!!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I feel like we just had a chat on the phone! I tend to be organized too...until I really slip up on something, like forget a hair appointment! Love the spice rack!

A Vintage Chic said...

So funny, Karen! I'm always hiding candy, too...doesn't always work, though!

Love your new spice set--so vintage-looking!

We thought we were going to get more rain up here by Monterey, but haven't got much--we need more!

Have a nice, cozy night, my friend!

Julie

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

You crack me up Karen! Your "junk" drawer is so neat! I have two junk drawers and they make me crazy! But I just can't seem to make myself get rid of anything in them. I'll try again though!! What a great idea your hubby had in giving you a whole box with just your favorite Sees candy. Or maybe it isn't so great...but I think I will drop a hint to my sweet guy for my upcoming birthday... and then I'll try to hide the box too!!! LOL!!

Cheryl said...

What's not to love about See's candy! And to find a box you forgot about is even better:-)
Enjoyed your post...staying organized is a constant struggle.
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

Pat said...

Wonderful post Karen!

I love See's and only have it once a year. I would have not had the fortitude to hide the box and if I had, I would not have forgotten about it.:-)

zandra said...

Glad you are back safe and sound! Thank goodness for Missy, gotta love them. ;o)
Hugz, Z

Joyce said...

I love that hidden candy-teehee : )

penny auctions said...

I will bookmark this page and have my friends check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else.

Cosmetic surgery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Karen:
Too cute! Now...Tell me where you found your iPad stand. I am really curious to find out more about it!
Hope you had a great week and are looking forward to a wonderful weekend.

xoxo
Donna

Write Essay said...

Great articles Nice postings i really appreciate on your hard workings. Well!! keep going on and try more best as you can really impressive post that you have been done here..

colon cleanse said...

Your blog is great. Your thoughts are also very good and i am very inspired from your post. That is why I visit this blog again and again and will come back in future too. Thanks!

colon cleanse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dedicated exchange server said...

Hilarious i would say!

bingo~bonnie said...

oh how funny! Great minds do think alike!! I also hid my heart shaped box of chocolates in my cubbord on the dishes I dont' sue that often - mainly to keep it out of site of the kids... but like you I don't care for any of the chocolate flavors in there...I'd much rather have just pain ole Hershe's! :) It was just yesterday I refound my red box while unloading dishwasher and trashed it.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Karen! I am intermittently in and out these days, but wanted to drop in to say hello! Love the little spice rack; how cute. I hope to be back more often, I'm trying... :) Have a great week friend!