Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Loading Up and Heading Out!

Where? 
Why to Round Top, Texas of course!
With my best shopping pal Joy!
And we are DRIVING! 1427 miles! 
Yee Haw!
What are we going to be 
doing there you ask?
SHOPPING!
At one of the largest antique fairs
in the country! :)
Farmers rent out their barns,
their pastures and even line up 
along side the road just
waiting for people to come and find their
most wanted treasures. Thousands
of vendors, and thousands of people!
Miles and miles of shopping 
for antique and vintage pieces.
For the best deals and the
perfect pieces.
I want that buffet cabinet in back...
 Love this little chest... I want 
a bigger night stand...and
love the pitchers too.
 I want another Baker's Rack 
for my bedroom. Every time I see 
a cute pillow now I think of Sissie!
Does that happen to you?
We carry our favorite bloggers in 
our hearts and minds every where we go!
I would LOVE to bring 
one of those old tubs home.
And it'll be so fun looking at it all.
I have a list - cause I can't remember
it all, so I can just read 
the list occasionally and hope 
I find even just a few of my 
"wants - don't need" :)


Everyone said in the hot 
Texas sun you must wear a hat.
So I bought a new hat at Target
and spiffed it up a little.
I know, I know - it isn't a cowboy hat. 
But I look positively ridiculous 
in a cowboy hat. This one actually 
looks pretty cute. :)

I bought a new bag at Target too
and spiffed it up also.
 I needed something that if it got dirty 
I wouldn't have to worry about it.
 A little lace here...
 A little lace there...
And I made a little flower 
to add onto it too.

I really like them both!

I also saved two of my favorite pairs 
of jeans from the Goodwill.
 Can you see why they were 
in the Goodwill bag?
The pockets were separating from the
jeans, and leaving holes.
Now nobody knows those 
holes are there but me.
Well....and you...shhhhhh.
I needed more jeans, to last 11 days. 
Yup, that's how long we are going to be gone.
Two days driving there, 
and two to three days driving home. 
(It'll depend on if we are 
pulling a big trailer full of 
FABULOUS STUFF behind us or not.)

And six days at Round Top
in Antique Heaven.
Catching up with friends we 
haven't seen in a while. 
And seeing some for the very first time!
(Are you jealous, I get to 
hug Karen Valentine!)
Holy cow. I can't wait!

I am going to miss a special little 
Someone's first birthday - 
agggghhhhhhh! :(
But her presents are ready for
Uncle Mark to take to her party.
 And Miss Taylor's Mommy and 
Daddy have exciting news! 
They are expecting again!
YAY!

I sure hope to find me some Texas 
cowboy boots while I am in cowboy country.
Joy is picking me up at 
6:00 am sharp tomorrow morning...
well, if you know Joy it'll be more 
like 6:15. But that's OK. 
Were going to have a great trip! 
I'll be up and waiting for her...
So off we go - 
headed towards aTexas sunrise. 
See ya'll in a few weeks!
With hopefully lots of fun adventures to share!

HUGS!
[signature-1.gif]

21 comments:

Mic said...

Safe travels! Sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to see what treasures you bring back with you!
Pam N.

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Have so much fun Karen!!!
I know you will :)

xoxo
Lori

Debra@Common Ground said...

Oh, You lucky girl! Have a great time. and have fun at Theresa's blog party! LOVE your hat and bag and cutie pie lacey jeans.
Be safe.
hugs,
Debra

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen, this sounds like such fun. I can't wait to hear all about it and see all the pictures of everything. Love ya, have a great trip. Hugs, Marty

Theresa said...

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that is me CRYING because ya'll are going without me! One of these days I'm gonna go to this place I have heard so much about!

Enjoy it all my friend and take LOTS of pictures for poor, poor, pitiful me!

Love you, stay safe!

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Have the best time...find me some little treasure please....hope you find oodles of goodies that you want...have fun with the other ladies. Call if you get a chance...Yahoo!!! Saddle up and get shopping!!

stefanie said...

oh!!! I am jealous!!! you are going to have the best time!!! I think you will be haulin' a trailor, look at all that fabulous stuff!!! be safe!

Cindy said...

And to think you will be only 45 minutes from my home...but where am I ...still in Oklahoma at my daughters house! I will be missing this years trip to Round Top!!Arghhhh
Hope you have a blast and if you need boots to wear..visit D & D in Seguin..it is the largest western store in the South.Boots..Boots and more Boots!!
Have a safe trip.

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

~CC Catherine said...

Awe shucks Karen, sure would like to head to TX in one of your bags! You're gonna have a B*L*A*S*T! I found out recently that I have relatives in TX ~ thinking of putting my own jeans on and cowgirl hat to head that way. ;)They are relatives I've never met that will fill in some genealogy gaps. I think I'm gonna sell my house and pay cash for a little bungalow. I wanna travel 24x7! ;)

Heather said...

Have a wonderful trip!!!! Drive and safe and have a great time! Can't wait to see what you bring home!!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh what an adventure! I can't wait to see what treasures you find and stories you tell.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Karen,
Oh my dear are you going to have a wonderful time! I am just green with envy thinking about it!
I can't wait to see what you find and bring back with you!
I am amazed that it last's that long....there must be a lot of events planned as well!
Boy did you ever do a cute job on those jeans and purse! You will be the cutest of the cute's!
(something my hubby always says)
So friend, I will miss hearing from you but I look forward to hearing about your awesome trip!
Happy Trails to you...
Hugs,
Cindy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Unless you find a hoosier that you can't live without, remember I am still wanting to sell mine. I have no idea on price, so check it out. Mine is all wood. Even the worktop is wood. Just a thought. Anyhow something to think about. Have fun. Hugs, Marty

janis said...

Lucky Dog!
I'm so jealous♥
Have a Blessed trip!

debi said...

It looks like you're all ready with your cute bag, hat and jeans! Love them!
Have a wonderful trip, hope you find lots of beautiful treasures!

CHERI said...

Oh, take me take me!!! You are going to have enough fun to last the rest of the year. Happy shopping!

Wanda Metcalf said...

What fun! what fun! I love Round top. I just moved from Round Rock TX. I miss all the wonderful places there are to do some good digging! Salado Texas is also know for some really good places to get some good finds. Salado is just south of Temple north of Austin on I-35.

You will be 2 hours from where my post is about today ~ small world ~

Lululiz said...

What a fantastic trip, Karen! I'll be right with you in spirit, looking over your shoulder, well, probably drooling all over your shoulder, and very probably also crying on your shoulder. Darn, I wish I could be there as well.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Sounds like a pure dream vacation to me...enjoy every single minute. S'cuse me whilest I wander off and sob in my porch swing pillow! I can't wait to see what you come home with!
Mona

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

So glad you are home and I can't wait to hear all about it. I am sure you had a ball and bought tons of great stuff. Hugs, Marty

Patti said...

Oh man! That pie safe is the greatest! They say to find good stuff and at good prices you have to head down South. Much better then in the Pacific Northwest where its expensive and far and few in between.
Hope you are over the allergy problems. That is not fun.
Thanks for sharing the treasures. I'm off to look for a wine barrel lid!!
Patti