Monday, April 25, 2011

A FUN Easter!

I've been away!

We headed down to Glamis on Wed evening for Easter for 4 days. (For those of you who don't know - Glamis is in the Imperial Sand Dunes located pretty much where the CA, AZ and Mexico borders all meet.) We joined my entire family and had a BALL! But 3 of the 4 days were so windy - the sand was blowing as high as your head and it HURT when it hit you! So while the guys rode, it was indoors for the ladies, catching up and talking, eating, playing games, and playing with my great niece Baby Taylor of course! 

We celebrated Easter morning on Saturday because four of the kids had to leave.
So we lined up the tables end to end ...
And laid out a big brunch buffet style...
 Lox and bagels, pastries and muffins, 
fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes,
Mimosas and Bloody Mary's were on the menu!

 What fun!
 Then we all got together for a family photo!

And then, because the kids dragged me out into the middle of the desert at the end of April where it was HOT - I gave them an ultimatum. "I have a surprise for you - but you must make or buy an Easter hat and wear it when I tell you to." (hehehe)
The girls looked adorable.
l to r - Heather (niece) Staci (niece - pregnant with #2) 
Jessica (niece-in-law) Jennifer (my son Brandon's girlfriend)
The guys didn't look too bad either - wearing whatever their wife, girlfriend or cousin made them wear!
And not a complaint out of them!
l to r - Justin (mine) Steve (nephew) Brandon (mine)
Andy (nephew-in-law) Cedric (Heather's boyfriend)
All the kids!
"You are going on an Easter Egg hunt! 
Ready, set, go!"
And then they were off!
"MOM! Get out of the way!!
I gotta hold onto my hat!" says Brandon.
Don't I look like a giant Easter 
egg in my tie-dyed shirt?
 Justin found a pile...
 Heather found one!
 Jessica is telling Cedric 
"You better up!"
He is from a small country off the 
coast of Africa, so I am not sure 
he'd ever been on an Easter egg hunt before...
and never with our crazy kids!
 Yes, Cedric you must RUN!
"Oh!"
I hid the eggs EVERYWHERE! 


 "Run Steve, RUN!" my sister says.
 Everyone was scrambling.
And the wind was blowing them all over!
 Goofy dog!
"oh boy - oh boy - this is fun!"
  Andy looking hard...
  "I got it - no! I got it!!"
Then it was back into our 
coach to tally them up. 
Oh...bummer. Jess got a rotten egg.
Heather loved the money! 
"Boy Auntie! I remember when we used to get quarters! Now we get DOLLARS!"
Her and Cedric are moving to London 
in July so they need every dollar 
they can get!
 Steve got a "pick a box"
 In fact he got two of them - 
so he gave one to his wife. 
What a guy!
And we were only missing two. 
Heather said "How cool is that 
if you find an egg out in the middle 
of the dunes and open it up and find a dollar!"
:)
Miss Taylor and her Mommy 
opened our gift to her.
 She wasn't too thrilled with the 
ceramic bunny basket I made.
 But Mom was happy with the college money!
 Auntie Heather and Taylor.
She isn't going to be here 
when the new baby is born 
and is VERY sad.
We had such a good trip - except for the wind. But it made for good indoor time with each other. Crowded but perfect. I learned how to play a new game called 
"Settlers of Catan". It's HARD!


I hope everyone had a happy Easter too!
See you soon!


XOXOXO
[signature-1.gif]

15 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, it looks like you all had such a fun time. Loved all the pics of the egg hunt. Can't wait until you come over again. Hugs, Marty

Theresa said...

What a fun time:) Looks like everyone enjoyed their Easter fun! Hmmmmm, never looked for eggs when they weren't hidden in grass! Your family photo was awesome, great job!

Baby Taylor is too darn cute!

Missed you my friend, love you bunches!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Looks like fun! How great to get all the cousins together like that. It is so hard for us to pull that off anymore, they are so scattered. But, where is the shade? I would have been inside with the motor running!

June said...

It looks like you had an awesome time with your family Karen. This was a 'diamond day' for sure!!!!
sending hugs...

Heather said...

What a lovely Easter!!!!! I never thought about an egg hunt for the adults! Great hats!!!! I am so glad you had a great time. I was at my best friend, Kathy's parents house with her and her family. It was wonderful! We had a great time. I am so lucky in my friends!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Girlfriend,
What a great time you all had! And what a different and unique Easter! I love that! Hiding Eggs in sanddunes, now that is very creative of you!
And heck, for money I would have been out there looking too!
We just spent Easter with my Mom and our family. Pretty quiet but that was ok.
And a little birdie told me you have a birthday coming soon!
Oh and that little Taylor is adorable! I bet it was fun having her around.
Big Hugs,
Cindy

debi said...

LOL! That was fun!

Even big kids like an Easter egg hunt!

my cup of tea said...

Wow! That looked like a lot of FUN! Even big kids like egg hunts!LOL
~Donna~

Charlene said...

YOU had way more fun! My Grand had strep throat so they didn't come over :( And I stayed inside due to terrible allergies. Thanks for sharing! It looks like a blast & I LOVE that you made them all wear the Easter Hats/Ears! And good that the guys played along. I miss you & Ms Joy! HUGS!
Charlene

Barbara said...

I know you had a wonderful time Karen and that is just so great!! The kids had fun too! That was really entertaining the way the eggs were hidden. lol

Hugs XX
Barbara

Home and Heart said...

What a gorgeous day! You gotta love men that are secure enough to wear bunny ears!!

Mimi said...

HI KAREN!!!
I have missed you!!!
OH GOSH, our family loves GLAMIS!!!!
We need to get back there soon!!!
But I bet it was HOT!!!!
How fun to make Easter so special even in the middle of the sand dunes!!!!ANd I understand wind!!!And boy that sand would hurt!!!
loved your family Easter Egg hunt!!!I love to see the big kids involved!!!!
So fun!!
thanks for sharing!!
hugs 2 u,
jamie

Lululiz said...

Thats the way to spend Easter, having a fabulous fun filled time with family, lots of family. You got a lovely bunch of people there, Karen.

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

What fun Karen! Great idea. And I love your fallen rose petals. It is so beautiful here in SC...so green!! Loving it!

Psychotherapy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.