Sunday, April 17, 2011

Just a Sunday Afternoon

Hello! How is everyone?
It is sunny and HOT here in So Cal. Yesterday it was 92...today is cooler at about 85. Kind of hot for springtime! But, it sure is a pretty day!!

While in Texas I picked up the 
ugliest little roll top desk. 
It was love at first sight! 
I knew I had to have it!
It was built in the late 1950's 
and the little man who sold 
it to me told me all about it. 
 The green is leather....
It was one of the reasons I 
had gone to Round Top! 
I was hoping to find something like this. 
It was in pretty rough shape - 
but no matter!
I knew exactly what 
I wanted to do with it.

Here it is now...
I had such fun painting and sanding.
 Ready for indoor or outdoor entertaining...


 I love every single inch of her!
 Thought I would lay out a 
little Sunday afternoon graze 
while the ballgame is on.

Speaking of grazing...Joy told 
me about a new cheese shop 
out in Claremont. It is called 
the Cheese Cave 
and it is AWESOME!
 We won't talk about the prices...
 I bought a selection for Easter...
This Lavender cow cheese is 
TOO DIE FOR!

 Some yummy flatbread...
 A soft cow's cheese...
Sigh. YUM!
If you have a cheese store near you - 
I suggest you pop in and 
see what they have. 
You can usually taste everything 
before you buy it.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
HUGS! 

[signature-1.gif]

18 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Oh Karen. The little desk is adorable and I love what you did with it! Oooh, that cheese looks wonderful. When I come the next time, we will have to hit that place...I'll start saving for it when I get home!!

ain't for city gals said...

It is fun to have something that you don't have to worry about when you use it! I have one in just a little better shape...might think about this idea...

BEAR's Mom said...

that is a great looking rolltop
love the do-over
cheese is one of my favorite snacks
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Joyce said...

So cute!

I love cheese and we have a cheese shop which is okay. There is a fabulous one in the city I like to visit when I'm there. Probably just as well it's not right around the corner : )

Happy Easter!

Heather said...

Wow! 85 degrees! It is snowing here!!! Yup, we are looking at 3 to 5 inches overnight!

Love the desk! What a beauty!

Theresa said...

You can keep all of that FANCY cheese and I'll take the rolltop desk... K? OK, deal! Next time I am in your neck of the woods, I'll stop by and get it, hehe!

Love you to pieces! HUGS!

Kim B said...

Sounds like great weather to me. I think you did wonders with that desk. Fantastic!

Charlene said...

Like that expensive Cherry Kirsch Cheese I brought for our wine & cheese party in Round Top???? And left in the fridge at the hotel???? Love what you did with that precious desk. You & Joy snatched some good stuff!!! And your paint job is divine! Miss you girlfriend! HUGS!
Charlene

CHERI said...

I do love that little desk...great job on refurbishing it. I never seem to have vision when I see things like this. I gotta start looking with a different set of eyes! The cheese looks yummy...in fact, I just realized it's time for a snack!

Mary Ellen said...

What a fantastic job you have done on this little desk!! It is charming!!

I got to visit the Tillamook cheese factory when we were in Oregon and it was fun seeing the process of cheese making!

Lululiz said...

Karen, you jammy girl, that rolltop desk is fabulous! You did such a great job on it as well.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Karen,
Oh do I love your pretty shabby and chic desk! You did so good girl! What a great find, what great vision you had! And I love how you arranged everything, simply perfect!
Big Hugs,
Cindy
P.S. I want some of that cheese!

A Vintage Chic said...

I LOVE that sweet old desk, Karen--and I LOVE what you did with it--gorgeous, my friend! I'll be it's never been happier!

Love the look of that cheese, too...I'll have to find some of that soon!

Hope today is wonderful in every way...

Julie

susie said...

Oh Girlfriend...
My LIKEY soooooo much!!! Your desk turned out awesome, you did a great job finishing it! That cream color looks fabulous.
Enjoy your TEXAS find made even better..
Hugs,
Susie

Lisa said...

OMG! Karen, it is just perfect! I love the idea of a little entertaining station. So darling! You will use the heck out of that!

Dawn said...

Strange weather huh? I bet you were thinking home would be nice and cool after Texas!

The desk is so cute. Great idea. I finally got a post up today. After being away for a while it was almost harder than the very first post I did!

Happy Easter
Dawn

Lezlei Ann Young said...

Absolutely lovely! I moved to Dallas from CA 3 years ago...I'm lika a fish out of water....don't know where to shop for anything! Where did you find your little desk?
Lezlei

Amy Arnaz said...

Karen~
LOVE what you did to that desk! When do you find time to do what YOU want to do? I need a lesson in that because I always seem to be playing catch-up. Have a wonderful Easter Sunday. xoxo Amy