Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Confessions

Hi everyone!


First off I have a confession to make.

"My name is Karen,
 and I am a Pinterest-aholic."

I LOVE Pinterest. 
It suits my needs perfectly!
I am a visual kind of person, 
and to have something so simple to use, 
taylor-made for me for exactly what I want ... 
well - it's a dream come true. 
No pressure of posting.
No pressure period. 
It is simply FOR ME!
My boards. With my dreams and 
visions on them. For no other purpose.
Perfect!

On to something very off the wall.
I have to laugh. 
Does this only happen to me - 
or does it happen to others also?
This is my front door. 
With one of those 3M hangers that are 
supposed to come off SOOOOO easily.
 Read the directions. Pull the strip DOWN. Check. 
 Snap. And I am left with a 
piece of stretchy goo. 
 And what now remains on the glass
on my front door.
Sigh....

In the meantime...
 I finished my stencil project. FINALLY!
 Still have to have the wood painted...
 But at least this much is checked off my to do list.
And we all love the way it turned out.
Now is the fun part - just shopping for 
more pretty pieces to hang here. 
I need some ovals and some smaller squares...
maybe a small mirror or clock...
and I still need a piece for inside 
the door on the bottom wall...
hmmm I think a trip to 
my favorite antique store
"Treasures and Junk" is necessary - 
but it is so bloody hot and humid here 
and they have no a/c there. 
It'd be miserable.
sooooooo....maybe not.

Have no fear! I'll think of somewhere!

Hugs to all!
[signature-1.gif]

17 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

She breathes!!
Love the frames, LOVE them!
Love Pinterest - thanks I think!
But still miss hearing from you....

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Love Pinterest! I am following you!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Well there you are Miss Karen!
Your stenciling is beyond gorgeous! What a beautiful job, you talented gal you!
And I love the frame thing too, very lovely and it fits just perfectly!
We are hot and humid here as well. Been in the 90's with dew points in the 70's, just tropical!
I am on pins and needles right now!
My dil is having the baby! She was at 9cm almost 4 hours ago and I haven't heard anything else. Worried is my name right now.
Take Care my dear,
Big Hugs to you!
Cindy

Shelia said...

Hi Karen! There you are and you've been playing on Pinterest! I just got into it last week and love it too. I've just clicked over to follow your boards! :)
Love your wall, color and your stenciling is gorgeous. You did good. Those frames look great!
I'm having a Rooster/Chicken party next Tuesday and I'd love it if you could come.
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Heather and Kathy said...

I found those things don't work as well as they say either. It leaves marks on glass too. I love the frames!!!! You stenciling is beautiful!


Heather

debi said...

Hey stranger! Great to 'see' you again!

I love your stenciled walls...they turned out beautifully. And the white frames are perfect! Your new color palette is so dreamy!

Theresa said...

Oh so gorgeous! You are a genius! I love the base color, the stenciling and those frames... BEAUTIFUL! I don't know anything about Pinterest:)

Enjoy your evening my friend, Love you to pieces!

Laura said...

Your frames and stenciling looks beautiful!
And yes-
things like that happen to me all of the time!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Mary Ellen said...

Oh Karen love your wall! come by my place and I can give you some frames (yup I'm trying to bribe you!)

Love Pinterest but I cannot pin anything from posts as that pin thing won't attach to my tool bar so I can only repin things there-

Wish I had gotten as much accomplished during the summer as you did!

bee blessed
mary

janis said...

so thats where you been! Im surprised I havent run into you there because I too am a Pinterest-aholic! Im following you now too!
Those hook ups? are hard to do right, my daughter always looks at me like I am crazy & has to do for me.
LOVE your wall!
Have a Blessed week & HAPPY PINNING!

Joyce said...

Raising hand here-also a pinterest addict : ) I follow you-I'm at Joyce Daley.

I wish I'd thought up the idea...the simplicity is amazing. I have already used some of my pins so I don't view it as a time waster in the sense that fb is a time waster...fun, but a time waster : ) I find it inspiring and it's really got my creative juices going.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, I love the new paint color and the stencil. All the frames are fabulous. Everything is looking soooooooo good. You have been a busy gal. Love ya!! Hugs, Marty

Rose said...

love the color of your walls I may have to steal it!

Elyse said...

maybe a nice cold iced coffee would help make that shopping trip manageable ...

BEAUTIFUL job on the wall. really lovely!

xo
elyse

Karen Valentine said...

HI Karen!! I still haven't jumped in to the whole Pinterest thing myself, but I have started looking around. I'm afraid if I did join I would have to join you at the P.A. meetings!! LOL! I love what you did with those frames too. I do have an addiction to hanging empty frames on walls!! Have a great night my friend!!
xo,
Karen

stefanie said...

oh, that is soooooo beautiful!!!!!!

Charlene said...

LOOKIN GOOD!!!! The hose from the new commercial ice maker hubby installed blew off today & SHOWERED the whole room with HOT water. THANK GOD I WAS HOME & RAN IN TO SHUT OFF THE WATER!!! Just think of the rack & ruin if I had been gone. So, now... the humidty in the house is obscene (come on we are on day 43 of consectutive over 100 degree days) & hot but, I'm just saying what a way to get rid of the wall paper I hated!!!! I will now be joining in the ranks of repainting. :0 HUGS!