Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BREAK THE SILENCE

BREAK THE SILENCE ON
OVARIAN CANCER


You may or may not know that 13 years ago on Sept 20th, my Mom died from ovarian cancer. 
BUT! Finally today - A VOICE!

Someone else who thinks that this killer needs to be made more PUBLIC! So WOMEN ARE AWARE! It's always been labeled the "silent cancer". Now it's labeled the "whisperer..." 

Thanks to Dr. Oz.

It does talk. It does give symptoms.

All of which my Mom had, and never uttered a word to either me or my sister because we had kids and carpools and field trips and "Honey - I didn't want to bother you!"

GOD, I WISH SHE HAD!

LADIES!!!

Watch your Moms. 
Watch your friends. 
And watch yourself. 

And each and every one of you -
 FILL OUT THIS FORM! 




Related Content

Pass this to everyone you know! Keep it and refill it out each year. Watch for updates on his Website.


THANK YOU DR. OZ!!!! I wish this had been done 18 years ago...

[signature-1.gif]

8 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Oh I didn't see it! Finally...September is OC month...but you hardly hear anything about it!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I Love Dr. Oz! I was so glad he did a show addressing this cancer. I printed out the questionnaire yesterday and plan on keeping up with it. I'd never heard Sept. was Ovarian Cancer month. Thank you, Dr. Oz! Thank you for this post, too! Have a nice day! Twyla

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I wonder if you will ever know how many people you might have just helped. Good for you! I'm sorry about your mom. I am learning that we never stop missing them.

Heather and Kathy said...

I am so glad that it is coming out in the news. It is so important! I am so sorry about your mom, I know how tough that is. I hope you have good memories of her today.

Heather

angela said...

my best friend and soul sister is fighting this disease. she is winning at the moment but the drs dont give her much chance as it was diagnosed so late. she is a fighter and we will keep fighting it together. even doctors need to remember these symptoms as she was going to the doc for months complaining but they sent her home telling her she was just suffering from constipation. demand the test if you are worried at all, its your body and you know it best.

June said...

I watched it Karen! We have to pay attention...every day, every week, every month.
Great post my friend!

I loved your previous post. I know you must miss your son so much. It was always the hardest thing I ever did...watching them go. Thankfully they always come back...bring more with them!
sending hugs...

Maija said...

Thanks for the reminder that we have to pay attention to our bodies!!
I'm so sorry that you lost your mom.
oxox

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Karen, Thank you for posting this. I lost my mom to Ovarian cancer twelve years ago. I wish then I had known what symptoms to look for. It took over a year and numerous doctor visits for her to be diagnosed.
Hugs,
Sherry