Thursday, September 15, 2011

PAINT - Part 2


I think the pictures will speak for themselves.
Welcome to my life.
 I have been this way for one week now.
 Had to take everything out but the buffet.
But that comes out this weekend.
In preparation for hardwood floor.
 Look at that GORGEOUS WHITE CEILING!
No more goofy looking tile mosaic painting.
 They still have to paint the back of the built-ins.
I'm going with the same color teal as the living room.
 We painted as much of the wood trim on the stairs as we could without having to strip all the varnish and restain which would've cost BOO-KOO BUCKS.
 I think it looks so much better...
 The view looking down...
 The view looking up...
We are putting new carpet on the stairs and in our room (straight ahead in the above shot).
 Turn right at the top of the stairs and you're in my office space. I want a wood laminate floor in here and on into...
 the craftroom. 
I know - I have to take it all out. 
 Sigh. Just shoot me now...
 OK Caroline - this is the part you've forgotten...
turn right past my desk and there is a small hall.
The mattresses are in Brandon's room.
 This is the wasted real estate room - Justin's room, 
which started all this...
 And directly across is the guest bath.



 Painting should be done tomorrow.
Whew. I am choosing all the flooring tomorrow.
Hopefully they can at the very least get the carpet for Justin's room in on Monday. That way I can get this room put back together, and in turn get the other guest room back together where the mattresses are - just in time to move my studio stuff into both of them!
And whenever they can do the rest of the flooring - WHATEVER!!!

And if all that wasn't enough?
I decided I didn't like my bookshelves so am reorganizing them for my office storage.
Some day my house will be back to normal.
I have a big dinner party here on Nov. 5th so I know it will be beautiful by then.

Have I mentioned lately that I am too old for this?


[signature-1.gif]

25 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Who is Caroline??? just askin...and which beautiful room do I get? and....glad it is you and not me...I think I would be in the bathroom....you know!!! I can't stand everything being THAT disorganized. It will be gorgeous WHEN done!!

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh man, hope that comes back together!! That's a lot of work, best of luck. Your house is absolutely gorgeous! Riki

debi said...

OMG! I only changed two very small rooms, and thought I was going to die!!! Good luck to you!

Can't wait to see it all finished!

Mimi said...

WOW!!!!!You have been so busy!!!
A fun but exhausting busy, I have wondered where you have been --have not heard from you in ages!!!!
I understand, believe me, just did the wasted space myself....only I sure miss him.
It will look great when done!!
hugs,
jamie

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh my goodness,Karen! What an enormous job you're doing! Love what I've seen so far--it's going to be gorgeous & all worth it, I know! Hang in there, my friend!

Julie

Lululiz said...

Good grief, girl, you don't believe in taking it easy, do you? I just know that it will look absolutely gorgeous though by the time it is all finished. Can't wait to see those pics.

Joyce said...

I would be insane...I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's all finished!

Sassy Marsha said...

Just seeing your photos reaffirms why I am not replacing our carpet upstairs, LOL, especially b/c that's were my creative space is!!

And I definitely am TOO old for all that work!!

xxoo
Marsha

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen, it is going to be like having a brand new house with all the new paint and flooring. Love your new colors and it is all looking fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Theresa said...

You are NUTS:) That is too much at one time! Now... having said that, I know it will be beautiful when finished:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, hopefully you will get finished with the RE-DO! HUGS!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Girlfriend,
I was so delighted to hear from you! And boy oh boy do you have a project there! But I love your vision...the hardwood floors, the paint colors and the painted woodwork. It 's going to be absolutely gorgeous!!
Most days my house is overflowing with toddler/baby toys! And then I think, I am too old for this! hehe.
However, Addison is a delight and believe it or not, she will be one years old in a few weeks!
(been walking since she was 9 months) and her energy is boundless just like her Mother's was.
I am still hoping to slither away to Phoenix sometime soon...I will keep you updated.
90's huh? We've been in the 50's but back to 70's next week.
90's is too hot for Sept. sounds like Phoenix weather.
Well dearie, try to stay sane, it will all be worth it when you have it back together!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Karena said...

Hi Karen...oh my goodness your really BUSY...what an amazing home you have ...it's just beautiful even though she has her "work clothes" on while you finish painting I can see how lovely it will all be when your done...hope your resting now and then
bless you friend...

Karena "A Loblolly Life"

Heather and Kathy said...

wow! What projects! That is amazing! I can't wait to see the finished rooms. Eventually, I will need to do that here, but not for a while, that is for sure!

I hope you have a good weekend!

Heather

angela said...

Just keep telling yourself that it will be all worth it in the end. Or do what I did and stay at a friends house till the bulk of it is over. Saved my nerves

Dawn said...

LOL, you should have talked to Mona before starting this project! It will be worth it in the end though.

Maija said...

That is a massive undertaking, but it looks like it will be well worth it!!

Lisa said...

You have been quite the decorator, Karen! It all looks so beautiful and every choice you've made has been perfect! I know you'll be so relieved when everything is done.:)

janis said...

Karen I want to live in your work room...i think that is HEAVEN♥

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hi Karen...ok.... you are one brave lady. Enough said!! I would be in the nut house! March on, can't wait to see the finished rooms! Hugs!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good Morning Karen,
I always love hearing from you!
And I can't wait to see more pics of your renovation!
I took a car ride this morning and our colors are just gorgeous...we are about 2 weeks or less from peak.
I am thinking I might not get to Phoenix until Jan. Would that work for you?
I really want to get a little sick of winter before I go. hehe.
Have a wonderful weekend my dear,
Cindy
Oh, the pumpkins around here are pretty cheap. I got 4 large pumpkins, different varieties, several large gords and some smaller ones for $18.
Big Hugs!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Karen, What a mess! LOL You sure took on a lot at once but once completed it will be like having a new home. Best of luck.
xo,
Sherry

Tammy @ The Stitching Coop said...

Hello! I found you through a blogerette blog. I have a room and a garage filled with "item needing painting" and I don't envy you one bit with your whole house being taped, plastic covered, items all over home... nope, not one bit. I look forward to seeing your after photos! Thanks for having me. Hugs. Tammy

Patti said...

What were you thinking! Just keep looking forward to that dinner party and everything in it's place. How did you ever decide on the colors? That's where I get stuck!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Ok dear Karen,
Come back to blogging please!!
Miss your posts and you so very much!
Hugs,
Cindy

Suzanne said...

you are one busy lady! I sooooo love your home. Can't wait to see more pics...please!:)
Hope all is well...sorry i've been such a stranger:)
Hugs,
Suzanne