Monday, October 17, 2011

CHANGING OF THE SEASONS - CALIFORNIA STYLE

I know - I have been an absentee blogger. 
And I do apologize, but life has just had a way of taking away my blogging time. 
But for anyone still hanging around to see what I'm up to - here's where we've been this past week. 
 We jumped in the coach and drove up to...
The HIGH SIERRAS!! 
Silver Lake, in the June Lake Loop - 
25 miles past Mammoth Mtn.

"We're going for a walk! Come on!"
 "Down to Rush Creek!"
"Look how pretty!"


"There it is!"



 "OK, let's follow this path to Silver Lake."
 "Karen! Seriously? We want to see the lake!
Take Christmas card pictures later!"
"Come on Mark, hurry up!!"
 "Ahhhhhhhhhh. Silver Lake."
 "Karen's favorite place in California."
 "There is even a little snow left. 
They had 4 inches fall last week."
But in 2 more weeks, they will close the road to here because they do not plow it during the snowy months. They just get too much snow.


"OK, we're exhausted! Let's head back to camp.
There's the coach and the Jeep!"
 "And Gramma and Grampa are right next to us!"
 Silver Lake Campground is in a big meadow next to the lake. And Rush Creek borders the campground and runs down to Grant lake, about 7 or 8 more miles.
What do we do at Rush Creek?
 FISH! Going to have a great dinner tonight!
So...that's a little bit of what I've been up to.

BTW - the last room of flooring  goes in on Friday and then I will be ready to show you the house!


And you WILL NOT believe the ending!


To be continued soon...

[signature-1.gif]

18 comments:

Lululiz said...

I suppose as you have shown us such gorgeous nature shots, I'll have to forgive you for taking such a long blogging break again ;-). Those pics really are beautiful, but then the area you photographed is extremely lovely. And those furbabies, awwww, they are the sweetest.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Karen,
Just stunning pics! Love the lake, the mountains and the yellow leaves! I need to go there!!!
I bet that was a very relaxing get-away!
But Mark should have snapped a pic of you too!
Can't wait to see the big reveal...I hope soon!
And your right about the apples...we pick them but we just couldn't keep up this year. I am so busy taking care of Adi that my apple picking time was limited.
I am going to go to AZ. in January. I decided to wait out the heat and by then I will need a snow break. This morning, the weather people predicted a very snowy winter for us again. So of course I will let you know when the snow flies!!!
Maybe we can meet up in January in your free?
Big Hugs and so happy to see this post!
Cindy

Gypsy Brocante said...

Karen you really know how to LIVE ... hmmm... travel vs. blogging .... no brainer ; )

It's good to see you enjoying life to the fullest!
xo
Jill

Sassy Marsha said...

Just beautiful!!! Loved each and every photo!! Ohhhh, you're keeping us in suspense, can't wait to see the big reveal!

xxoo
Marsha

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous spot! It's nice to see you back on the blog...looking forward to the big reveal : )

Theresa said...

Fortunately I knew where you were:) or I would be knocking on your door! What beautiful scenery, I hope to visit there someday! Enjoy your week and don't take so long to show the house! Love you bunches! HUGS!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous place! Looks like everyone had a marvelous time (even the puppies).LOL! It's so good to see a post from you! Can't wait to see all your beautiful remodeling.:)

Tammy @ The Stitching Coop said...

In every single way this post is gorgeous. I absolutely love birch trees. They are my second favorite to pine. Fishing, mountains, water.... it would awful hard to return home with all this splendor around. Hugs. Tammy

D said...

Amazing pics!! And cute dogs, too.

Debby said...

Those are beautiful pictures. Love your cute little doggies. Welcome back.

poppilinnstudios said...

What a beautiful place! I love that part of California, was just looking for trip ideas for Mammoth or Yosemite. Thanks for sharing your trip.
-Lynn

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Helloooooo long lost blogger! It looks so beautiful there...so will I see any color in Calif when I am there???

Heather and Kathy said...

I love the pictures! What a beautiful spot! I simply love where you went. It is hard to believe that it is 10-17.


Heather

Blondie's Journal said...

You always go to the BEST places, Karen and the scenery here is just gorgeous! Love all your pictures although I could do without the one of the fish!! lol!! Love your little pooches, too!!

XO,
Jane

debi said...

Karen, your photos are SO pretty! I love the trees, the colors are stunning!

Looks like you all had a wonderful time, it looks so relaxing. And I'm sure seeing the snow, even if far away, was a real highlight for you. lol

Can't wait to see the house! I know it's going to be gorgeous!

Ginger said...

You take gorgeous pictures. Loved seeing all the colors and scenery.
It looks like you and Mark had a great time, not to mention the pups. lol

Charlene said...

WOW!!!! I had NO IDEA that California was hididng this kind of seceret! I LOVE FALL COLOR (which Texas doesn't get much of). Thank you for sharing as it took my breath away. And, I can't wait to see the house. HUGS!
Charlene

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen, this looks like such a great place to rest and enjoy mother nature. So fun and your pics are wonderful. Also, can't wait to see the house reveal. I know it is going to be stunning. Hugs, Marty