Friday, November 25, 2011

ALL OVER THE PLACE...

Well, I have the house to myself for 6 days - but much to my surprise and dismay, I have a HUMDINGER of a cold. This one has knocked me for a loop. For the past two days while I should've been decorating my house - I've only gotten two things done. Sigh...

So this post is all over the place because I have taken cold medication which makes me loopy. :) OH JOY!


I'll start with last weekend! 
I had two days to make this
estate sale purchase go from this ...
 Yup - it was pretty bad! 

to THIS! 
I am a happy camper!
 Some of my favorite things...
 Some of my bling...
 And my favorite books from my childhood...
 It allowed me to keep my little wicker shelf.
I also took this bookshelf from this...
To this...
Yup - Happy dancin' here...headache and all.


But do I dare say I am not a fan of the Chalk Paint everyone is oohing and ahhhing over. 
("One coat" my rear...!!)
1 quart barely covered this bookshelf 
(only 1 coat - I basically just used it for a primer cuz I knew there wouldn't be enough to finish the hutch) 
so the blue is my stencil paint from the entryway. 
And I could not even finish the hutch
had to do the doors in the entry blue too. 
Which I ended up loving - but...
disappointed after the big hoop la. 
But - it was nice as a primer! :)


Anyway...that might be TMI for some folks...


Then last Sunday we went down to my in-laws
for our Thanksgiving. 
Our group is so small without my 
bil and sil and their two boys. 
They have been gone to Colorado for a year now - :(
But I talked to Christie on the phone yesterday for about a 1/2 hour. I just love her to pieces.


While I am all over the place with this post -
I might as well share with you our 
  fun little dinner party which we hosted
a few weeks ago.
It was my turn for our "wine tasting friends".

 Right before we sat down...
 We were short 3 people... but still had a ball.

1 day to clean and set up.
1 day to cook - literally!
1 day to clean up.
But it was so fun! Good times with good friends:)


Well...I am exhausted! Last night was the first time I have ever taken NyQuil ( I know, I know - but I hate taking meds...) and it just has me zoning' today.

I think I'm headed for a nap...

Thanks for putting up with me today ... :)

Happy Black Friday to all you shoppers...
[signature-1.gif]

13 comments:

Heather and Kathy said...

I love your new finds!!!! they turned out really well! Take care of yourself with that awful cold! Niquil will knock you out at times that is for sure!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!


Heather

Theresa said...

Oh my dear, I sure hope you feel better! AT least you are alone and can just be a bum if you want to!

Your newly painted treasures are GORGEOUS! Everything you do turns to pretty!

It is nice to see your Family! YES, it is smaller than ours but beautiful! Rest easy and take care of yourself! Yell if you need me:)

Love you bunches!

debi huntsman said...

How fun to have the house all to yourself! So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well though. That's a bummer!

Your cabinet and bookcase turned out beautifully. Love the blue!

Take care of yourself, don't push too hard to get things done, and get better. Hugs!

skoots1mom said...

you did a great job on your projects...your tables were beautiful and your family, too
now, rest and get better
i'm fighting the yuck now for my 5th week in a row...it won't let go of me.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Karen, your new bookcase and hutch look fabulous. You did such a great job on painting them. I love your room, it is gorgeous. Your dining room is so pretty too and your dinner party table looks beautiful. Great pics. Hope you get to feeling better, a cold is just the pits. Rest and get well. Hugs, Marty

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

wow, the craft room is totally different! I love the new cabinet...although, now what will you put in the black room???

Shelia said...

Hi Karen! I hope you're feeling better soon! Hope you're doing okay by yourself.
Your Thanksgiving snaps are great and what a good looking family you have! Your hutch turned out to be so pretty and your shelves too. I haven't used the chalk paint and I know how everyone is loving it but I don't like the finish so much! Glad to hear this from you, as I think that paint is pretty expensive.
Feel better and get some rest.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Blondie's Journal said...

The hutch and shelves are beautiful, Karen. You did a wonderful job despite problems with the paint.

I hop you feel better soon...Nyquil works for me because I'd rather sleep than be in agony! lol! Get some rest!

XO,
Jane

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey girlfriend,
The hutch and bookcase are fabulous!
Seriously, you did a wonderful job and you have them decked out so cute!
And your tablescape, gorgeous too!
And aren't you looking so cute at Thanksgiving...love your hair!
Hoping you feel better soon, so happy to see this post!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Patty in Oz said...

Happy Thanksgiving week sweet Karen! I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Your photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing! You'll aways be one of my favorite blog friends. Thank you for encouraging me to blog blog blog. I have have have. LOL.

Blessed,
Patty

zandra said...

Love the cabinets! Although, I didn't see my bear in for favorite cabinet.....just kidding. Feel better!
Hugz, Z

Karen Valentine said...

Karen your transformations are fabulous!! OMG what a difference!! I am trying so hard to convince my hubby to let me paint our oak wood cabinetry in the kitchen white. Unfortunately it's much easier to convince him to let me paint furniture that's not built in!!

I'm not a fan of Annie Sloan paint either. I did however discover Country Livings Caromal colors. They are Fabulous!! They stick to anything and I mean anything! The finish when your through is distressed and yummy and I think the cost is about the same as the Annie Sloan paint.

I've been following you on Pinterest and having a fabulous time. Gosh it's addictive isn't it??

Have a great week sweetheart!!
xo,
Karen

JenGrenko said...

Your decorations are gorgeous! I have to agree that I am not a fan of the chalk paint. It's impossible to put a second coat over the first. I spent a fortune and wanted to be a fan but alas.....I am using Glidden gripper primer and then a coat or two of good old latex paint! Merry Christmas! Jennifer Grenko