Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Family...

My sister and BIL, two of their kids and their spouses, and their kids (did you follow that?) came up yesterday for our Christmas Celebration together. We have to do it a week before Christmas because our families are branching out and everyone has places to be and it's just gotten too hard to do it either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.


Here are a few pictures of our day...
(Heather - this post is for you- We sure missed you!)
My sister JoAnne and her two granddaughters.
Jessica and Steve and Dakota
Jennifer and Brandon 
(not married, but a Mom can always hide her crossed fingers...)
and our Harley
Staci and Andy (the parents)
Decided it might be best to start the little one early...
Auntie Karen painted her a 
Minnie Mouse on a lap tray
(Pam if you are reading this - this is your job!)  :)
"Not now Mark, I have a ton of food
to get on that table..."



There is nothing better than the men
in the kitchen doing the dishes.
Sigh. Perfect.
Our newest - Little Miss Reagan.
"Hurry up Mom...she's screamin' "
So is Miss Taylor. "Time for bed!"

We do a gift exchange and draw names. 
Jess got Brandon.
And I got Reagan while 
my sister opened her gift.
Jenn got a scarf she wanted.
Jenn had Justin...he loved his jacket.
Heather - this one's for you...
Justin got Andy and you should've seen
the two of them go bananas over this new
type of tire for his dirt bike.
Men!
And lastly - Steve got his sister Staci.

And she got her Kindle...


We then headed into the family room and proceeded to play the Wii. We do the Michael Jackson dancing and the Country Western dancing and trust me, you do not want to see pictures... but BOY we had a good time!


Now, I think the last load of dishes just beeped, the dryer is dinging, and I have to reset the table for Christmas Day dinner...so I had better get a move on.


Merry Christmas Everyone! 
[signature-1.gif]

16 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh what a fun time, cute young men and babies, pretty girls and men doing dishes:) Gifts that everyone loves!

Cute hairdo, girlie... looks great on you!

Rest after the dishes are put away, I am off to see our Christmas Program at Church!

Love you bunches!!!!!

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Karen,
thank you so much for sharing all these photos with s. It was almost like being there and enjoying the party too.. What a great looking family you have and you are adorable~! they all looks so happy and thats by far the best part of all.
This was Wonderful and I loved this post..
Merry Christmas
Sonny

June said...

Isn't this the best part of the holiday season Karen? It was loads of fun seeing all of your family having loads of fun. I was smiling all the way through this post.
Sending Merry Christmas Wishes from here...

Blondie's Journal said...

I love having a few Christmas celebrations early! You have a lovely family and it looks like everyone was having a ball! Your home looks beautiful all dressed up!

Happy Holidays, Karen!

XO,
Jane

Heather and Kathy said...

How fun!!! It sure looks like you had a great day!!! I got a chuckle out of your little notes for Heather, I know you didn't me mean, but I chuckled just the same. I am sure they miss being with you too! However, they will be in the City of Lights having a good time! I love the pictures!!!!


Heather

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

What a fun time....you have a wonderful family! I KNOW!!

Mary Ellen said...

Looks like you had a great time celebrating with your family!! OUr "Wild THing" Jonathan showed up for a surprise visit yesterday which was such a blessing! He's flown away again for more adventure!!

Your home looks gorgeous!

bee blessed
mary

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey you,
Looks like a grand family celebration!
Cute little babies, handsome young men washing dishes and you look adorable too!
I think you and that baby are a perfect fit!
And your home looks so gorgeous too!
Big Hugs to you,
Cindy

Heather said...

Auntie! Amazing photos... I wish I could have been there! Thanks for thinking of me... I miss everyone so much. I also miss the sunshine...it's currently 1 degrees here! Off to Paris we go today... where its suppose to be even colder! love ya! xoxoxo ~heather

Bella Vista said...

Hi Karen, what a great looking time you all must have had. Thanks for sharing with us. Makes me smile.

By the way, the look you have in your eyes when you were in the kitchen is the same look I have when my picture is being taken....before dinner! Haha. Life is great, isn't it?

Merry Christmas!
Barb

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Karen, what a fun time. You and your sister sure look like twins, wow. All of your family is so fun and you guys are so creative with your gifts. Love the men in the kitchen. Hugs, Marty

Amish Stories said...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. I'm just stopping by random blogs today and checking them out. Also wishing you folk's a healthy and happy new years. Richard from an Amish community in Pennsylvania.

Kim Caldwell said...

Your house looks gorgeous Karen! Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones. . .

xo

Kim

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Karen - I've just spent an enjoyable time browsing through yours. I'm hooked!

We had an early Christmas with out-of-town family this past weekend. Doesn't it throw you off? :)

Cheers,
Susan

Charlene said...

LOOKS LIKE FUN HAD BY ALL!!! Isn't it strange how they grow up & family dynamics change. Not bad just different. Merry Christmas sweet friend. I HOPE I GET TO SEE YOU IN 2012!!!! HUGS!
Charlene

Connie said...

Merry Christmas Karen! Love love that photo of you with the baby! Can't wait to see you with your first grandchild.

We will have Danielle, Nate, Mason, Dustin and Kayla for Christmas dinner. We'll miss our Colorado kids. We plan on being there next year for a white Christmas!!

Love you...I start a new job in January...so excited!!

Connie